Sunday, September 18, 2011

Angry

I'm feeling angry today. I'm feeling disappointed and unimportant. And this makes me angry. Why? Because I'm dead tired putting 80% into any relationship to only get 20 back. I've had enough.
I decided to bring my kids to the park today. I took the time to  think about who I wanted to invite along with me that also had kids (and also lives relatively close). And there were a few that immediately sprang to mind. I picked up my phone to start texting and then I stopped. Because some of those  people I have attempted to get together with on more than one occasion. And I'm met with a "Oh I can't today I'm already doing (insert other plans here) but I'll shoot you a text early next week so we can plan another day next weekend". And guess what? I'm still friggin waiting. So I text a friend with whom the two of us have equally been trying to get together and we went. And we had fun. So did our kids.
I want to preface this next segment with this statement: this is not an expectation of my coworkers, my fb friends, or the people I don't reach out to myself. But where the hell were the poeple who are supposed to be my friends when my daughter was having surgery? If you have my cell number or email, but failed to send me a text or a note, then shame on you. You are on the goddamned list. And I'm finished with you.
I now work full time, have a husband and 3 kids under the age of 6, and a small group of friends to whom me and my family truly matter. If you want to become a part of that group and know you aren't but should be then step up your friggin game. I don't have time for people who don't have time for me. I make time for the people who matter. The rest of you can suck it. I'm tired of this. From all aspects of my life. I'm tired of caring for people who cannot or will not care for me when I need it. I am almost 30 years old. It's time to clean house. Don't be surprised when its you. Cause if your wondering, then it probably is.
Maybe tomorrow I'll feel differently and type up a blog retraction. But I probably won't.
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment