Tuesday, January 31, 2012

3 things

So I have this annoying friend who assigned me homework. She assigned me the task of blogging about 3 good things that have happened to me in the past year. I asked if maybe my blogs were a little too depressing lately. Her response was that the negatives were overshadowing the positives. Challenge accepted. Let's see if I can get more than three. Cause I'm an over achiever lol. The following are not in the order of importance. Except the first one.

1. Alyssa had her heart fixed. As in really fixed. No more aneurysm. A brand spanking new pulmonary valve. And she was fantastic. Fabulous. Awesome. Amazing. She was discharged 72 hours after surgery. Unheard of. This is by far the best thing that has happened in the past year. Everything else pales in comparison. But I will continue anyway haha!

2. I am a warrior!!! Some people are naturally athletic. Some are really into physical fitness. I am not one of those people. I never played a sport. I never liked to work out. But I completed warrior dash this past spring. And it rocked!!! So much so I'm doing it again this year. Totally a good thing that happened this year.

3. I have lost 26 pounds in the past year. I've been going to exercise explorers academy where Shawn kicks my ass twice a week. It's awful. I love it. I look better than I have in years. I feel better too.

4. I lost someone. I found them again. Take that to mean what u will. Probably could have been number two, but as previously stated, these are not in order of importance.

5. I have reconnected with really great people. Some I was friends with forever, some I just knew in high school, some are wives of my husbands friends. They have become a sounding board, a drinking buddy, a confidant. I wouldn't have made it through this year without any of them.

6. Though I never doubted that my super annoying 'do this assignment' friend would be there for me, it's been amazing for me to see the depth of her devotion. Sometimes I don't feel like I deserve it. Then I remember I do. Haha!! Luv u!

7. I have seen the rock my husband is for me. His unfailing support through all of this 'mother shit' has been wonderful. He has my back and supports me through all of it. He allows me a little leeway in the 'taking this shit out on him' because he knows I am not truly myself. Definitely a good thing that is happening this year.

8. Our extended families are awesome and so supportive. Nothing about this past year would have been doable if not for them. Especially my in laws. I don't know how people live with having bad in laws. My family could not function without all of their help, love, and support.

I'm sure there are more but this is getting long.

So there. Wonderful things are happening all the time. I should share them more often. I should revisit them myself more often. Point taken. Now it's everyone else's turn. Comment about the best thing that's happened to you all year. Babies don't count!!!!! That's a given. Go deeper.

I love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment